Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Aunt Holly's Visit

From Friday afternoon until today Aunt Holly came to visit. We had a great time! Oliver loved playing with her and smiled every time she walked into the room where she was at. We're grateful to have a friend who loves us so much to call our son one of her own.

On Saturday night Brent and I got to go on a date for our anniversary because she babysat for us. We enjoyed a Chinese restaurant downtown called "Shanghai Mama's" and ice cream from Graeter's. On Sunday we went to church and that evening she shared with our Bible Study about her future in Canada and everything God is doing there.

On Monday she helped me move out of my classroom because I got a new job as Instructional Coach at Kelly Elementary. Oliver did a great job playing while we packed boxes. I was very proud of him. I tried to get him to take a nap on the futon mattress, but he just rolled off of it. Luckily we were almost finished so he was able to come home and nap instead.

Tuesday's ambitions were to go to the zoo, but that did not happen due to rain and extreme heat.  Instead we drove the long and windy roads to the middle of no where where I'll be working this coming school year. Mr. Beil, my new principal, gave us a tour of the building. Then we headed back home. We enjoyed a great time of prayer together this morning before she left and can't wait until we see her again.





No comments:

Post a Comment