Monday, August 22, 2011

Oliver is 1!

Today was Oliver's birthday. Throughout the day I kept thinking back to where I was at and what I was doing this time last year. Time has passed so quickly! Our tiny baby is now a big boy!

This morning started out with getting up and putting on his "Birthday Boy" shirt. We read the book Birthday Monsters by Sandra Boynton (which I hope will become a yearly tradition) then headed out for his first day of daycare. Once we arrived he immediately melded in with the other kids and started playing with the blocks. He got busy so fast he did not even see me leave! No tears from my big boy! He did a great job according to his teacher, Mrs. Melissa. Of course he ate all his food. His nap was much shorter than normal, but I think that is something we may have to get used to. He was very well mannered all day. The only "incident" was that he fell and bumped his head... and now has a purple knot to show for it. The funniest thing was when I went to pick him up. I said his name and without hesitation he dropped the toy in his hand into the basket in front of him. He picked up the basket and threw it to the side and crawled as fast as he could toward me! Mrs. Melissa said, "I've never seen anyone react to seeing their Mom like that!" He was happy to see me!

Here are some of Oliver's most recent accomplishments:

  • walking while holding on... though he's starting to get more and more brave
  • sorting, stacking, knocking over, and putting toys into containers
  • sharing  everything!
  • drinking whole milk and eating chunks of table food
  • saying "Mom" and "Dada" while looking at the person he's speaking about
  • babbling as though he wants to use sentences
  • moving to a new convertible car seat
  • continuing to have a very calm temperament and smiling at everything
We love our little guy so much and can't wait to see what the next year holds! 






No comments:

Post a Comment