Saturday, August 13, 2011

Working and Learning

I have finished the first two weeks of my new job and still love it! The true test, however, will come next week when teachers and students come back. I have a lot of work to do: getting to know them all, discovering their needs, and figuring out how to meet those needs. My normal dreams/nightmares of anticipation have already begun. But I'm ready. Bring it on! I'm excited to see what this year brings!

Oliver has one more week with the Gatewood's then he'll start daycare. Brent and Oliver visited the center on Friday then brought me lunch. Brent was impressed with their organization and communication so far. It is really starting to feel like Oliver is a big boy! He has to take a sheet for his cot and I'll pack his lunch every day. 

Finally, I have some pictures from the week. Oliver still loves playing with doors and drawers. We kept him away from them a lot at first, but he's starting to get the concept of "finger smashing" so we're letting him mess around a little more than we were. 

He loves putting things inside of other things and helped with his laundry the other day, putting the dirty clothes in the basket after I emptied the clean ones out. Another favorite is putting things in the dishwasher like his toys we keep in the kitchen cupboard. Yesterday he was putting things in a box and got so mad because his arms were not long enough to reach and get it out. Watching us keeps us laughing and amazed that he's so smart! 

He learned how to splash in the bath this week and thought it was hilarious to watch the water fly. This was adorable the other day. When water is all over our bathroom I'm not sure I'll still have the same opinion. 

I also took some pictures of Oliver sitting up in his rocking chair. While sitting there he starting moving his body backward and forward to make the chair move, which it did. These pictures were especially sweet to me because we'd taken similar ones around Christmas when he was just learning to sit up. My little baby is truly becoming a big boy! 






1 comment: