This past week has gone by so quickly that I did not even realize the lack of blogging until halfway through the day yesterday when I realized it was the 22nd... Oliver's 13 month birthday! We've been running all over during the last week!
Thursday and Friday were "Father-Son" days, like normal, while I worked. Brent and Oliver love their bonding time during Brent's off days. They usually hang out at home for one day then go grocery shopping the other. It's so nice not to have to worry about grocery shopping! Brent enjoys it much more than me anyway.
Last Saturday our family of 3 went to the zoo. We enjoyed a beautiful morning of walking around. Oliver especially enjoyed the Night Hunter's exhibit (mostly nocturnal cats) and the screaming monkeys. We got to see a mother gibbons feeding her baby, then she followed him around while he swung from branch to branch. When he almost fell the mom pulled him down and sat him her on her shoulder. It was precious to watch her taking care of her baby. A year ago I'm not sure this would have meant much to me. Now I completely get it!
Sunday was our normal day of church and Bible study. In between Oliver and I played together. Monday through Wednesday Oliver went to daycare. Last week's theme was nursery rhymes. They sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and made various art projects. Our fridge is filling up quickly! Wednesday was also school picture day. Oliver was quite handsome, if I do say so myself! He also has a new friend named Jackson. When I dropped off Oliver at school on Wednesday, Jackson came running across the room with his arms out to play. It made me happy to know that he's "fitting in" and making friends.
Last night Aunt Holly spent the night while her dad was working north of Cincinnati. They left late this afternoon. She and I stayed up until early hours of the morning talking. Fortunately I was not too tired today for work. It's so nice to have a friend you can talk to and trust, who really knows you!
Oliver also went back to the doctor this afternoon. His ear infection is gone, but the snotty nose continues. The doctor says to start giving him Claratin and see if it helps- he thinks it might be allergies. Blah! I also discovered that our little guy is teething. Tooth #7 is coming in; a molar on the right side. This created a fussy afternoon, but with a little help from Tylenol he fell asleep quickly tonight.
Looking back over the last 13 months I once again realize how incredibly blessed we are to have everything God has supplied for our family. We are undeserving of anything, but he provides for us anyway. I'm constantly amazed at how much He loves us!
No comments:
Post a Comment