Monday, December 12, 2011

Jingle All The Way!

This weekend was super fun! The Sweet's, our friends from Houston, came down to attend the Bengals/Texans game with us on Sunday. We also enjoyed Girl Movie Night (New Year's Eve), The Festival of Lights, and one another's company. Alison and I bought matching "snomie" shirts and really enjoyed staying up WAY past my normal bedtime talking. Shane and Brent mostly enjoyed football... well, Alison did too! The saddest thing was that Cincinnati lost in the last 8 seconds of the game.

As for Oliver, he's ALL OVER THE PLACE these days. He is especially loving the Christmas tree. His favorite ornaments are the silver ones that look like mirror balls and any type of bells. We have a huge bell hanging on the back of our door which he likes to take off and carry around with him, jingling all the way. We're super impressed that he's not trying to take the ornaments off of the tree or unwrap any presents. He's been "helping" me wrap frequently, which mostly means playing with ribbon and strewing it all over the basement floor.

He tries to repeat the last word of most everything we say lately, though most of the time he's not even close, but some sounds are similar. I'm always singing to him "Falalala" and he's already got part of it down pat. Though I can't wait to see his eyes light up on Christmas morning, I'm especially excited about sharing the Christmas story with him this year! He's understanding more and more on a daily basis, so I'm really hoping that he'll pick up some words like "Christmas" or "Jesus." Though the lights are pretty and presents are super fun, I pray that Oliver understands why we celebrate this season!




No comments:

Post a Comment