Thursday, February 9, 2012

Alone

For the first time in at least a year and a half I am home alone. That's right. It's only me and Wilson. My boys are gone to Atlanta for the weekend to visit Grammy and P-paw. The original motivation was for Brent to attend a Men's Conference at First Baptist Woodstock with his dad, which they will be doing. Then Oliver got invited along for some quality grandparent time. More details will come when they get back as to their adventures and pictures to go along. Brent knows he's required to take pictures!

Though it's hard being away from Brent and Oliver, this will make me a better Mom and Wife. I missed putting Oliver to bed tonight, watching him wave "bye-bye" and blowing kisses. I missed sitting down for dinner with Brent and discussing our day. But they will be back soon and we will continue our normal routine together. 

So here I am. What does a busy working Mom and Wife do with 3 full days to herself? So far... work late and clean house. And I'm quite excited about it! Though my list is less than half finished, I feel so accomplished already. I do miss my boys, but geez I am feeling relaxed just with the growing sense of accomplishment!

It's nice to have some time for me. It's been so long! Tomorrow I have my normal work day then a close friend of mine and I are going shopping. She too has not been away from her kids in a long time...we've not even seen each other in close to 6 months! We are looking forward to a shopping trip and some "girl time". Brent got me a massage and manicure for my upcoming birthday which he scheduled for Saturday afternoon. I can feel the stress melting away just thinking about it! So basically I will be enjoying these quiet hours at home by accomplishing some much needed chores and relaxing as much as possible.

See ya Saturday night, boys! I love you both so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment