We've been having lots of fun conversations here at the Carney house. Before I tell about a few though, I have to write about the Easter Egg Hunt at daycare yesterday. Brent was told this story when he picked up Oliver yesterday. Basically when they told all of the kids they could go find the eggs, all of the kids went running to find as many eggs as they could. Except our little guy. He found one egg, then sat down to play with it for the remainder of the hunt. It was his first egg hunt, so he didn't know what to do. And he was grateful for what he had. This was such a sweet story to me of how Oliver truly is not selfish, but appreciative (most of the time!).
The first conversation was in the car on Tuesday coming home from daycare. I gave Oliver his smallest Thomas toy and a matchbox car to play with. First he let them roll wheel to wheel in front of him. Then Thomas "hit" him. We sent Thomas to time out. Oliver counted to 20 until Thomas could "get up." Then the car did the same and we went through the same process. Oliver explained to them that they had to be nice. Then they took turns rolling up and down his legs.
Oliver is really understanding opposites these days. We talk about "little" and "big", then "boy" and "girl." Brent and Oliver had a hilarious conversation last night about how Daddy is big, Mommy is little, and Oliver is little. (To be honest, I'm perfectly fine with being little. We'll see if he still thinks that in a few months!) Then they discussed how Daddy is a boy, Oliver is a boy, and Mommy is a girl.
I love seeing our fella learn. It makes my heart very happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment