Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring is coming!

This weekend has been awesome! On Friday night, Brent and I went on a date for the first time in a long while. I'd gotten him hockey tickets for Valentine's Day and set up the babysitter in advance. We ate supper at our favorite Thai restaurant before the game and stayed out later than we have in a long time. It was really nice to have some adult time together. The game was really fun. Oliver also had a blast because he told me so first thing when he woke up on Saturday morning with, "I had fun with Kelsie." It makes my heart really happy knowing we have good babysitters to use!

On Saturday we went on a family hike in 32 degree weather. We all enjoyed the chill, which warmed up during our time. Oliver walked over half a mile before Brent stuck him in the backpack. He is able to go longer and longer every time we go.

This morning Oliver and I went to the zoo. How could I resist when we woke up to 52 degrees? The sad parts of the adventure were the giraffe exhibit being under construction, the train "taking a nap", and the peacock squealing so loud it startled Oliver and made him cry. He almost teared up about not seeing the giraffes too because we'd been talking about seeing them all morning. But on a happier note, he walked the entire two and a half hours we were there! Highlights were the Bonobos swinging, penguins swimming, and polar bears wrestling.

This winter has been a long one here in the Carney house. We are so excited about spring we can hardly stand it!






No comments:

Post a Comment