Monday, July 15, 2013

26 Weeks

Sunday marked 14 more weeks until we meet our baby Graham. Time is passing so quickly yet slowly. We are so excited to meet our little fella, yet I find myself apprehensive at the same time. How will we handle two kids? How will Oliver do with the transition? How will this all fit into God's plan for our family? And that's where I have to stop myself and remember that God has a plan. Graham was known before the creation of the world. God already knows the color of his eyes and his height as an adult. He knows his temperament and how he will fit perfectly into our Carney family. 

Pregnancy wise things are good. I still get slightly nauseous most mornings, but drinking plenty of water seems to make it taper off fairly quickly. I'm able to do everything as normal. Weight wise I'm doing great and still on track for the 30-35 pound mark, 20ish pounds less than I gained before. My belly is growing for sure though. Brent has been getting me out to exercise by hiking and venturing to the zoo and Oliver keeps me on my toes with his constant energy.  Sleep is getting better though there are many nights that my sciatic nerve makes my knees twitch. Readjusting usually helps, though Brent can't stand my body pillow! The hardest thing is wanting to sleep in my stomach, which I can do if I position the pillow just right.

Baby wise, Graham is the size of a cucumber this week. He's around 2.2 pounds and 14 inches. He's very active! I love watching my belly dance when he moves! Based on this alone he's going to fit in great with his big brother who loves to sing and dance. We have installed the ceiling fan in the nursery, but everything else in his room is on standby for a bit. Just this morning I began arrangements for my maternity leave to spend sme extra time off with my boys after Graham is born. We are getting really excited about meeting the little fella!


No comments:

Post a Comment