Here's the quick story. So Oliver figured out early on that one way to get more attention at bed time was to say he needed to go potty. Well, I only have so much patience for pretending and trying to get away with things at that point in the night. Plus at this point it will take away from his sleep since he can't sleep in anymore due to work schedules. So I have started making him tuck himself back in if he gets up at night. (By the way, he never gets up in the middle of the night, only if he's not asleep yet. That would be totally different! He's had the ability to hold it over night since about day 4 of potty training.) Tonight he got up about 2 minutes after I put him to bed claiming that he needed to go potty. After about one minute it was obvious that he was playing me so I sent him back to his room and closed the door. He called, "Mommy, tuck me in!" I said, "Nope, you got up. You do it." (Such a mean mom...I know!) That was around 7:45. I did not think to check on him, because he was quiet, until a little after 10. When I walked in I realized he'd pulled down all the blankets from the back of the rocking chair, grabbed the winter comforter, and snuggled himself underneath it in his bed. I guess the blanket on his bed was insufficient. Or maybe he was just trying to prove that he would get his way after all by messing around quietly when I was convinced he was in bed. Who knows! He was so snuggly asleep in it that I did not dare bother him. It was actually quite adorable! But that's one story of my mischievous little fella!
No comments:
Post a Comment