Wednesday, October 2, 2013

37 Weeks

Yesterday I visited Dr. Loftis for this week's baby update. Everything still looks great and to be right on time! I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. That's where I was at this point with Oliver too. Though we could have a baby at any minute, I still would like to wait about 3 more weeks. It would be neat to have both of my boys be 22 birthdays. Though we are ready for impending birth any time.

People keep asking me if Oliver understands what is going on and if he is excited. Honestly until the last week or so he didn't seem to bring it up, be acting any differently, or really want to talk about it. Though he would make comments and answer questions when asked about his baby brother. Well, I am thoroughly convinced that he not only knows what is going on now, but is not 100% happy about it. My sweet boy is demanding attention like never before. Without spoiling him, I'm doing my best to give him intentional time. I'm just praying that it goes well once the baby is born. Brent and I are  talking constantly to each other about how we have to make sure to give our big boy attention and make him feel special too.

I know we "Can do all things through Christ who gives us stength." That's my prayer more than ever right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment