Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Wait Is On! 40 Weeks!

Last Tuesday we met with Dr. Moore for my 39 week appointment. We quickly found out that I was still only 1.5 cm dilated and no more effaced than before. After a quick conversation about upcoming options, we came to the conclusion to wait out the weekend and possibly induce mid-week.

So today I'm 40 weeks pregnant. For the last 3 nights I've had off and on contractions that went on for hours and stopped at night. Today there have not been any contractions at all. Though Friday was possibly my last day working, tomorrow I'll be heading toward McVille for another day of work. Due to the "tease", as I have been calling it, I've been bouncing on an exercise ball and drinking tons of raspberry leaf tea, among other things, to try to get things going. So we wait...

In the mean time, I've been trying to spend some intentional time with Oliver before his sweet world is turned upside down in a few days. We have snuggled to watch television at night, snuggled before school in the morning, read tons of books together, ran errands, went to Chick-fil-a for free breakfast Tuesdays, played with the beach ball, built a fort in his room, and took a long walk to the park. We are having a great time! I can't wait to spend such special time with both of my boys!





No comments:

Post a Comment