Which, by the way, I must take this moment to brag on what an amazing father Brent really is! Though he's never been around kids much, from the way he has come into fatherhood you'd think he was a pro. Brent spends 2 days each week at home with Oliver while I teach and loves every minute of it. He works with Oliver on things like talking, moving, and eating. Oliver frequently laughs when he sees his Dad. Sometimes this is from a funny face or noise. He also finds it hilarious when dad "scares" him from around the corner. Just this morning he was laughing hysterically! I am lucky to have a husband who loves his little boy so much! He supports me in decisions we make and tag-teams so I can work and be a Mom. I could never do the job of "Mom" by myself. Though I don't tell him nearly enough, Brent is a great man!
On another note, Oliver continues his quest to move around. We are excited! He's scooting around on his belly, which he's starting like more since he realized to use it this way. He's working on getting up from his back to sitting, but hasn't accomplished it quite yet. He's also scooting around on his butt too. He reaches for things and gets up on his knees to grab whatever it is before going back to his bottom or forward onto his belly. Finally, he is moving his feet when standing up by holding onto things. Earlier today he made steps from the coffee table to Brent. Though we'll never be ready, Oliver is getting mobile. Fun times continue as our little fella develops!
Oliver practices moving around on his belly!
Oliver works on pulling up. He's successful more and more these days, however on this attempt he gets his feet in a funky position and falls. He's working so hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment