Monday, October 10, 2011

Day Date

Today Brent and I took full advantage of daycare. (We did drop Oliver off late and pick him up early.) I was off of school and Brent took the day off of work. This was a great opportunity for us to go on a date!

Plus we found a great deal a few weeks ago on Groupon for Segway tours through Cincinnati. We spent a good part of the morning touring Mt. Adams and Eden Park. We were both surprised at how easy it is to "segway" and would love to do it again some time. My favorite part of the tour was overlooking the Ohio River and the Tri-state region. And I LOVED the leaves! They were gorgeous! Brent's favorite part was learning historical facts about Eden Park.

After our tour we had lunch at Teak, a Thai Restaurant. I was a bit hesitant at first knowing how spicy Thai can be, but after two different friend recommendations, I gave in to trying it. Man, am I glad I did! After lunch we wandered the streets of Mt. Adams and were a bit disappointed that there were mainly residences and restaurants. We made a quick trip to Target to get parts of Oliver's Halloween costume (more on that later this month...), a stop at Chick-fil-A for a "healthy" milkshake, then picked up our little guy from daycare. We had a fabulous time and cant' wait for our next date out!

As a side note, Oliver is fully better from his sickness last week. He is more active than we've ever seen him. We're starting to understand the phrase "all boy" a little bit. Though he's getting into everything, he's still not ready to let go and walk on his own. We know it will come in his own time. He is talking and singing more and more though...almost too much at times! We are thankful and Praise the Lord that he's better!



No comments:

Post a Comment