As Keith Urban states in one of his hit songs, which I enjoy running to during my 4:30 am trips to the gym, "Days go by and I can feel 'em flying like a hand out the window in the wind." That's exactly how it goes here in the Carney home. The days are flying! Oliver only has 10 more days of daycare. I have 20 more days of work (he's staying with our friend Becky after daycare closes for summer). Then it's officially summer time! The speed of life was even more real to me when I signed Oliver up for the 2-year-old class for August yesterday. On that note, here are some things Oliver has been up to in the last week:
Oliver learned how to snap the buckle on his high chair this past week. He can't do it as well when he's sitting in the chair, but is a pro when standing in front of it. He loves to snap it in then yell, "Do again!" until we come over and unsnap it for him to put together over... and over... and over...Brent's got the little guy doing chores already. Not only does he feed Wilson periodically, but now he's helping take out the trash! Brent had him pulling it (one side only) all the way up the hill of the driveway to the street. He's so big!
Last Saturday I went to Columbus with the 4th and 5th graders to COSI, a huge science museum, and Oliver stayed home with Brent. In the morning Brent took him for a haircut and grocery shopping. The balloon that Great Clips gave Oliver kept him company throughout the entire grocery trip. After nap time, Brent took Oliver to TotterOtterville. It's an indoor playground with many things to do. Oliver was soaked from the water table and loved sorting blocks into the crates, which he lined up on his own. Brent said he really enjoyed the bonding time with Oliver too!
On Monday while I made dinner Brent was sweet enough to take Oliver to the park so I could catch my breath in the quiet of our home after work. This was a great treat for me and so sweet of my considerate husband to think of! While at the park Oliver learned how to climb up the "big" stairs that have gaps in between them. Once he figured out how to do it he just kept wanting to "do again"!
I realized tonight that it's been months since I got a picture of my sweet boy sleeping. When I snuck in with the camera, this is what I got. He loves to cuddle under his blanket with Mr. Giraffe and Mr. Deer while sucking his thumb when he's putting himself to sleep.
After I originally finished writing this post I went back for another shot of my sleeping sweetheart. "Good night and sleep sweet!"



.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment