Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Stories

Life gets busy! Oliver does lots of things on a daily basis. So many, in fact, that I forget to write a lot of it down. Being home yesterday gave me time to think and pay attention. Here are a few stories of things the little guy has done in the last 24 hours or so.

Yesterday Oliver learned how to put the clasps together on his high chair. He does it best when he's actually not in the chair since they are right at his height, and can do it over and over again for 15-20 minutes at a time. Thankfully he can't get them undone yet so about every minute you get, "Do again!" meaning he wants someone to come take the clasps apart.

Each night I kiss Oliver's toes and pray for where his feet will take him (an idea I got a long time ago from my friend Leah.) Last night Oliver started kissing his own toes.

The other day when reading a book to him about opposites I read, "Up! Down!" Oliver threw his hands in the air and said, "Up!" then threw them down and said, "Down!" I guess he learned that at school because neither Brent or I had never seen it before. Doing this over an over again keeps him busy for 5-10 minutes at a time.

This morning on the way to school Oliver looked out the window, put his face at the Sun, pointed toward the sky, and said, "Light!" He's been pointing at lights in cars and in buildings for some time, but I've never seen him notice the Sun. I followed up his new discovery by telling him all about the Sun, including how God gave it to us  for heat and light and a little science about its size in comparison to other stars. I've been a 4th grade teacher for 4+ years, what can I say?

The last story. This morning around 5:30 Oliver screamed out, which he does periodically at night. We usually do not have to go in his room before he puts himself back to sleep. Well, it lasted long enough that I went in to find him sitting up in his crib screaming, "MrRaff? No! No!" Over and over again. He'd woken up and realized he'd lost Mr. Giraffe. He was devastated! It took me about 5 seconds to find the stuffed animal under the covers and Oliver was in a deep sleep again instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment