Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Library and Parks

The title of this entry pretty much sums up our week as Oliver turns 22 months old tomorrow.

We've spent quite a bit of time at the library this summer. We LOVE Babes in Storyland! It's where an older lady spends time singing songs, reading books, and playing with the toddlers. Oliver enjoys seeing other kids, but his favorite is Ring-Around-The-Rosey where he falls down then gets tossed up in the air. He also loves the train table. He's learning how to attach the magnetic trains and make them stay on the tracks.

Brent and I are amazed at how much Oliver is learning! He's our little sponge. Not only can we understand more and more of what he's saying every day, but his playing skills are getting so advanced. When I say, "Oliver, do you want to go play?" he answers with a squeal and the word "PLAY!" Today we picknicked and played at a park with some friends from our Bible Study. (I must pause here to say that there are 6 babies in our group under the age of 7 months- including a set of triplets- with 2 more on the way in August... they are all adorable!) At first he would not touch the spiral slide at the playground. Before we left he was doing it over and over again! He's doing steps by holding onto the rails all of the time now and is tempted to start trying steps that are more and more narrow. We tried out a splash park on Tuesday, but he was not a fan at all. Instead he preferred to sit in his warm towel and eat crackers. When I said, "Do it again?" he quickly responded with, "No, Mommy!" I guess he's not into cold water splashing in his face and I'm ok with that.

Brent does so well with Oliver at the park... much better than me for sure! He encourages Oliver to take risks that quite honestly make me jittery. Being the amazing father he is, of course Brent's got it all under control. Oliver is totally soaking up the importance of risk-taking, even with his careful personality. We're so proud of how far he's coming!

Sweet Lillia
Triplet #1: Arabella
Triplet #2: Bentley (I think...)
Triplet #3: Bronson (I think...)
My big boy LOVES to play!

Playing with the trains at the library



Wrapped up in his towel after playing in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment