Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Time Treat

There are two homemade desserts that I only make once a year: apple pie and blackberry cobbler. The pie is up to Brent as to its time of delivery, usually either Thanksgiving or Christmas. The cobbler comes mid-summer as soon as I find some good-enough blackberries. On Saturday morning during a family walk to the Independence Farmer's Market I found the most perfect blackberries. The time was perfect for this year's treat! 




The recipe is super simple: Melt a stick of butter. Mix it with a cup of flour, cup of sugar, and cup of milk. The amount of berries is up to you. If you use more berries then the batter will be thinner, less berries makes it more bready. Put the berries in the bottom of the dish and pour the batter over them. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Delicious! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment