Oliver is so stinkin' adorable these days I can hardly stand it! Just this afternoon we took a walk with Wilson where he held my hand most of the time, though I did end up carrying him more than I would have liked. He continues to work on his potty skills, though we've got a long way to go. Watching him sleep is another sweet gift I get to enjoy. The other day he had his sweet little toes wrapped around the slats in his crib. (He moved right before the picture was taken.) The most wonderful thing is that we have gotten into a habit of cuddling every night and in the morning before school, even to the point that he'll sometimes want it in the middle of the night. How can I tell my little fella no to cuddling when I know he's not going to want it forever?
Though he's quite adorable, Oliver has a stubborn side as well. I have to admit that he gets it honest from from both of his parents. He frequents time-out for things like hitting the blinds. He's started having temper tantrums, but they are mostly for things that we can get him to calm down from quickly. When he doesn't he has to calm down before we move on to the next thing. We are doing our best to teach him the skills necessary for chilling out after getting upset so that he knows how to deal with frustrations. Just now he said, "Ah, man!" when his tower of Legos fell over, then went back to rebuild the Lego tower again.
My favorite thing so far this week is how Oliver stopped on his way out the door at daycare today to give his buddy Jack a high 5. Jack reciprocated making them both look like they were well on their way to being teenagers. I think I'll leave that thought there and enjoy my little guy being small for as long as possible!
No comments:
Post a Comment