Sunday, November 18, 2012

Turkey and Lights

We participated in two big things this week: filling a Thanksgiving box and a 5K. On Friday Brent and Oliver  went shopping to fill a box with a Thanksgiving meal for a needy family in our area. After their adventure to the grocery store, Oliver helped put the items into the box. Here's the video Brent took of them "Helping Others." This morning Oliver and I dropped off the box so that it can be delivered in time for Thanksgiving.


Oliver and I have also started to enjoy more and more books. Here we are reading about Jesus' birth!


Last night I ran the "Holiday in Lights 5K" at Sharon Woods in Cincinnati. I did this run last year just after I started going to the gym and running again, finishing with a time of 34ish minutes. Since I've been running 2-3 times a week at the gym since then (Brent and I get up at 4:00 am on alternating mornings) I set my goal for this year at 30:00. Well, I was so excited to make my goal with a chip time finish of 29:51! The weather was perfect for running and the Chick-fil-a sandwich at the finish made it worth all of the hard work. Oliver had his supper during the race, but still enjoyed some of my cookie at the finish line too. I can't wait to do another run soon! 



At Mile 2, still going strong!
I'm the one with pigtails in green. Gun time 30:01, Chip time 29:51
 Otherwise, things are just normal around here. Oliver looked adorable in the vest he wore to church this morning. He also has been helping me cook and bake a lot lately and loves to line up his spoons when he gets tired of waiting on the foot to be finished. I also found his sunglasses under his car seat the other day so he's enjoyed wearing them around a bit too. Now we just have 2 more days of work before driving to see Grammy and P-paw for Thanksgiving! We can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment