Sunday, May 5, 2013

Wrapped Around Pinkies

These days we (especially me) have to watch out because Oliver is quickly figuring out how to wrap us around his pinkie fingers! For instance, during the last week or so we've been memorizing John 3:16. My sweet fella has it memorized and recites it each night before bed. One day last week he did something that had him on thin ice. I don't even remember what it was. When I was scolding him, he interrupts me by reciting the verse. Talk about melting my heart! Geez!

Then Friday night our babysitter was watching Oliver. She did not know to close his bedroom door. The next thing she knew he had walked down the hall and was asking for a story. An hour and a half later and we were home and Oliver was still awake, having been cuddled and loved on by Kelsie the entire time. They'd had a great night of playing basketball, soccer, and bike riding. They even drew pictures with chalk in the driveway.

The rest of our weekend was great too! Yesterday we met our friends, the Shorts, at the zoo. Oliver and Everett especially loved the carousel and train. They enjoyed jumping and playing together too. Last night we went to church.



This morning Oliver and I did some chores and played until nap time. Afterward we went to a baby shower for one of my co-workers. Oliver behaved very well and made friends with many of the other kids there. Plus, we had an awesome picture taken of us together.

In baby news, I've started feeling our precious new addition move. With Oliver it was like flutters. This time is is kicks, like someone flicking with a finger. It's precious, and I've been feeling it at least twice a day for the last few days. I am feeling great! Today marks 16 weeks, meaning it's only 24 more until we meet this sweet baby. Time is going by so fast...it will be October before we know it!


No comments:

Post a Comment