Today I went back to the doctor for a check-up on Carney Child #2. After my vitals were taken we heard the precious heartbeat, which was around 150. Today's appointment went well and the doctor said everything is looking normal. While there we made a May 31 appointment for the "big reveal" ultrasound. In about five more weeks we'll know whether Oliver will have a baby brother or sister.
On the pregnancy front, things are good. I've been taking new prenatal vitamins for the last month and it's really helped with the nausea. I'm not embarrassed to say that I'm taking the gummy kind either! The main thing right now is drinking enough water, which I'm struggling with a bit. I have had more strange cravings. After the week of indulging in egg-eating, I have been loving the Private Selection Lime and Black Pepper potato chips from Kroger. The best is to eat them at 9:30 in the morning. Don't ask! I've also been craving fresh vegetables and fruits, which is not totally uncommon for me this time of year anyway. But there's something about a salad with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, and carrots with Ranch dressing. Yum!
The craziest thing for me is how much quicker I feel like I am showing this time. I keep thinking this, but honestly after looking at pictures I'm looking about the same as last time. One difference is that this time I am being much more conscious of my weight, which can't be a bad thing when you gain 55 pounds during your first pregnancy. This time is already going a lot better in that area, having only gained 7 pounds so far. I'm on track for a 32 pound weight gain, which is much more reasonable!
I am shocked you guys are finding out the gender! I thought you were "die-hard-surprise-people!" :)
ReplyDeleteI am all about the surprise. Brent really wants to know this time... I'm learning to deal with it :)
ReplyDelete