Thursday, June 20, 2013

Boom!

Oliver enjoys running everywhere he goes. At school they worked with him on walking and we have reinforced that at home. However, he still runs most places, including in the house. He also enjoys hiding in the shower curtains and sheets - anything for a game of Hide and Seek or Peek-a-Boo. 

Last night these habits finally caught up with him. 

While Brent was in the shower he ran away from me into the bathroom to hide in the shower curtain when he slipped and hit his head on the edge of the porcelain bathtub. I picked him up to find a huge goose egg, carried him into the living room where I could keep him still, grabbed an ice pack from the freezer, and called the doctor immediately. Fortunately the nurse was quick to give me things to look for and comforted me when all of her questions had positive answers. He was crying, knew who I was, and was not acting tired. 

Crisis averted. Well, except for the goose egg, headaches, and bruises to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment