Monday, June 17, 2013

Days 3 and 4

The second two days of potty training have gone much better than I could have ever anticipated. Are we fully potty trained? Not quite. Can he hold it better? Yes. Does he ask to go? Rarely! We mostly have to remind him, in which case he fusses about going. But still does it. Has he had any accidents? The ones he has had were poo, not pee. Last night he made it all the way through the night and nap time without an accident. However, again, that was with me making him go and not by his own doing. And this afternoon I even risked going out. I took him to the park to play. He did wet himself and need a change of pants, but not until after telling me he had to go and not being close enough to a bathroom. In my opinion it seems that he can tell me before he goes, but he hasn't figured out how to hold it after that yet. After our trip to the park we had a special treat for all of our hard work and shared a cup of soft serve at UDF. Four days into this adventure I can honestly say I am very proud of my little fella and feeling very hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment