This year a tradition of the last four continued when Aunt Holly came to visit. Brent had to work throughout the visit, but Oliver and I loved spending time with her. We don't get to see her as much since she moved to Canada to be a missionary and I miss her so much! So we made the most of our time together. She came in right after bath time on Sunday night. On Monday we got up, played with trains for a bit, then spent our morning at the Museum Center. Unfortunately Oliver is such a busy body we did not do too much actual learning about Cincinnati history at the museum, but ran down so Oliver could ride the Christmas train one last time before they take it down for the season and make the most of his time at the Children's Museum. Lunch was at Steak n Shake before coming home to put Oliver down for his nap. While he slept we relaxed on the couch and talked.
That's what we do. Talk. And it's why I miss my Holly so much! We love to dive deep into each other's lives and challenge each other to be real and live for Jesus. Although we talk frequently on the phone there is something special about being in person. I'm grateful for every second I get to spend with my sweet friend!
Once Oliver woke up we played and ate dinner. Then it was girl night. Holly and I went to see Les Miserables...and it is AMAZING! I won't go into my review on here, but everything from the singing to the acting to the story line is phenomenal. It is such a great redemption story and exactly the way God treats us, despite what we've done. After the movie we concluded the night by watching the ball drop on TV. Good times!
On Tuesday we hung out at home, spending the morning playing trains and having dinner out at La Rosas. Early on Wednesday morning Oliver and I headed back to work and daycare. It was sad to leave my friend, but not devastating because I know we will continue to keep in touch and see one another again soon. Now we just have to figure out when and how we are getting to Calgary!
No comments:
Post a Comment