Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

The day started out like any other with oatmeal for breakfast. Much of the morning was spent playing. We made Christmas Pizzas for lunch that were shaped like trees and decorated with pizza sauce, cheese, pepperonis, and bell peppers. A sampling of sugar cookies were for dessert. Brent had to work so I went to the Christmas Eve service at church with the boys. Our friends, the Hammons, saved seats for us so that we would not be sitting alone. Oliver did pretty well during the service. I loved the Christmas carols. They do something sweet to my soul, thinking of Jesus and when he came, then later what he did for us. It was a true time of worship for me! The best part was when we lit candles throughout the entire auditorium and Oliver repeated "Jesus is the light of the world!" after the pastor read the verse from the Bible.

When we got home we put out some cookies for Santa then got ready for bed. The cutest thing was that Oliver is so excited about Santa and the reindeer coming that he can't sleep. I'd let him leave his Christmas tree on because it was Christmas Eve but he asked me to unplug it because the lights were too bright. I can't wait to see his eyes tomorrow morning when he comes into the livingroom to get his Santa gift. But more on that  tomorrow.

I did attempt to get pictures of the boys together... again. And failed... again. I think the boys are somewhat sick of my attempts, though they put up with it. If nothing else, they will give us something to laugh at when they are older. Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment