Today was the second snow of the season, but the first one where we were stuck inside. This time school was cancelled, which doesn't mean anything too special since I'm still on maternity leave, except that I'll get paid for today rather than docked. Though we are excited to see the white stuff, the morning started out with a sheet of ice covering everything. The snow did not actually show up until late afternoon. We are honestly getting a little stir crazy. Oliver and I spent the morning playing in his room building things and putting together puzzles. In between times I fed Graham every 3 hours. After lunch is when the real stir craziness began, especially since both boys would not nap! We attempted, and failed horribly, at taking Christmas pictures with the boys in front of the Christmas tree. At one point Oliver came into the living room with a large string of toilet paper behind the roll that he was carrying in his hand. Brent and I wrapped him up in it. Later Oliver and I put our bare feet, maybe only a few toes, in the snow on the deck. Then I put some snow in a bucket and Oliver has been playing with it on the kitchen table for a while. Graham either slept for just stared at our craziness throughout the entire day. He must think it's all pretty funny because we are starting to see glimpses of his precious smile. Graham had a big moment today too though - when Brent and I noticed him attempting to pull his body up from reclining in his bouncy seat to sitting during lunch. He may have even fallen forward had there not been the toys in front of him to catch him. We are shocked that he's only 6 weeks old! We are really hoping the weather clears up tomorrow. We've got to get out of the house!
No comments:
Post a Comment